MacDill Air Force Base
MacDill Air Force Base Commissary Cooler
This cooler had an existing quarry tile floor and operated at temperatures below freezing. The floor and curb surfaces had received significant damage over the years and had become difficult to clean, as well as a hazard to commissary personnel.
The scope for work for this project included:
- Sealing the openings to prevent contamination to the open commissary
- Complete removal of the existing quarry tile floor and the curbs
- Blastrac and prepare the floor for resurfacing
- Form and pour new curbs around the cooler perimeter
- Prime, patch and install a chemical resistant 1/4" thick flooring system by hand trowel application
- Apply an epoxy topcoat with aluminum oxide for slip resistance
This project was successfully completed with the commissary in full operation.
This specialized, heavy duty flooring system will withstand extreme temperature fluctuations and hold up to heavy forklift traffic.